2018-07-12 workshop retro
We organized our first workshop in Helsinki 2018-07-09 where parents and kids explore motors and create robots together.
What went good
- Many experiments with motors.
- Everyone was eager to try how parts are work, and modify.
- It was easy to connect motors.
- Adding buttons or rheostats was fun.
What we could do better next time
- Library doesn’t have extension cord in room, better bring own.
- Need usb cords/hubs with buttons. Much easier to turn of, then to unplug.
- Long basic wires. Each one should have 4-7 long (30cm+) m-m wires.
- Bring more simple lego parts 2x1, 4x1, etc.
- Motors should have wires fixed (maybe even soldered). Many times they were disconnected on inaccurate moves.
- For electronics/lego bxes: make pictures where each part should be placed. Will reduce cleanup time.
- Think how everyone could keep his build (or at least bigger part of it).
- Pre-program arduinos, so they could be used for basic operations.
- Motor shields/drivers are highly required.